Ohio Medicaid: OMES
Please follow the Enrollment Instructions below to become an electronic submitter for Ohio Medicaid.
Required Documents for those applying for new Submitter IDs
The following documents are required enrollment documents that must be completed, signed and returned to the OMES office prior to initiation of electronic claims submission or inquiry.
As of Feb, 2023 OH Medicaid has implemented their new OMES system. Those wanting to apply for a Trading Partner ID and submit EDI files to the OMES system must first establish an OH|ID and setup 2 forms of MFA before being authorized to use the MOVEIT System which is their EDI Gateway.
You may apply for your OH|ID and setup your MFA at this page: https://ohid.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/ohid/help-center
Scroll to the bottom where you will find "Login Help" which will help you create your OH|ID.
Once you have created your OH|ID you will need to enroll as a Trading Partner on their Certification (Test) Environment at : https://editpp-qa.oh.healthinteractive.net/
Click "New Trading Partner Enrollment" to get started.
You will be asked to input your OH|ID credentials in this portal so please have that ready.
- Enter your information as the Trading Partner Information
- Complete the Business Contact Information with your information
- For Transactions choose 837-P for Professional claims billed on CMS1500 forms, 837-I for Institutional claims billed on CMS1450 (UB04) forms and 835 if you would like to receive electronic remittance advices.
- Click SUBMIT to submit your application.
- Another screen will appear with a link for the "Medicaid Trading Partner Agreement Form". Please click on the link to open the form and complete it.
- After you complete the "Medicaid Trading Partner Agreement Form" please email it to TradingPartnerAgreements@medicaid.ohio.go
You can also download the Medicaid Trading Partner Agreement Form here: https://medicaid.ohio.gov/static/Providers/Billing/TradingPartners/FormsTechLetters/TradingPartner-Agreement.pdf
Once your appllication is processed you will be given access to the MOVEit system which is their EDI Gateway for file exchanges.
All NEW Trading Partners will need to Test and be approved for Production.
Waiting for a Response
Once the complete provider enrollment has been received, the documents will be processed. Processing will take approximately two weeks from the date of receipt. (Remember that mailing time can take as much as five days.)
If you have any questions or need any assistance with EDI enrollments please call the OMES Helpdesk at 1-800-686-1516.
Once you have received your Submitter ID and password for the MOVEit system, please call the ClaimShuttle Support Team and set an appointment for a Mailbox setup and Test Transmission.
Please have 3 batches containing 25 test claims in each ready for testing. You may use previously billed claims. Test files should consist of a variety of claims that represent the type of claims you will be submitting once production status is achieved. Test claims will not be processed for payment but will be validated against production files; therefore, they must contain valid patient procedure, diagnosis, and provider information.